Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 22:32:41 -0700
Douglas Winship wrote:

> A lot of us have been looking at, and praying for, that goal for years.
> It seems a quite elusive one, though; no matter how much lead you give

 <drily>  I take it you are putting this in for nomination as the
Understatement of the Year Award, Mr Winship?  Elusive isn't even the word
for it.  We periodically (as I think I have said in this august forum of
seniors before this) post mini listserv command lessons to our list,
especially when we have an influx of new members.  (For that matter, our
automagic welcome to the list letter is a very nice, clear, concise lesson,
user friendly, even.)  So, what happens?  We get messages, sent TO the list,
USING THE REPLY FUNCTION TO OUR LISTSERV LESSON MESSAGES, with "I'd like to
unsub, please, but I don't know how" and listserv command type messages.

Crikey.

> the moving target, never seem able to hit it (I imagine Eric has the same
> gripe about listowners).

Quoi?  NOUS?  Perish the thought!  Besides, I cannot imagine that St Eric
could possibly say such things about US as we sometimes say about our
clueless users ... ;->

> Douglas

Mario Rups

p.s. -- Douglas, did I need to put a put-tongue-in-cheek emoticon after my
first question?  If so, be a dear and put one in for me, I don't know the
listserv (tm) command for it.