"Harman, Chip" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:03:48 -0400
I am running a list in which a large number of users will be MS-Outlook
users. Apparently Outlook does not present everything in complete conformity
to RFC 822 standards, but that is another matter. What I would like some
help with is how best to present the MIME DIGEST.

When an Outlook user opens a MIME DIGEST, the message screen is blank,
except for the icons at the bottom of the screen; the first one is the
DIGEST presentation (TOC) of all the enumerated Subject: lines. Each of the
other icons are the individual items.

My problem is that some object to the blank screen. I tried inserting text
in the DIGEST-H template, but that appears in the first TOC icon; the first
screen is still blank.

This is not a problem with other email clients that I have used.

Any suggestions?

Chip Harman
Electronic Media Team/Int'l Information Programs
U.S. Dept of State, Washington, D.C.
(202)619-6776
http://www.usia.gov/usis.html