Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 May 1997 06:27:11 GMT
On Sun, 18 May 1997 16:59:32 -0500, Bill Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have been deleting the entire message body and then typing OK in the
>body and mailing it.

This is the correct procedure if you just want to 'OK' the message without
changes.

>How do I repost a edited copy or make changes to the original message
>and then forward it to the list.

Since you are using Forte Agent mailer (my favorite) use Forward Unquoted
to make the changes.  Be sure you leave in the line ("so and so said...")
to identify the original author.  The edited posting will appear to be from
you.

Also, unless your list has clear rules about being moderated (where the
editor has the power/right to modify user messages without advance
permission) you would be better advised to send the msg back to the
original author with your concerns and let them make the changes.  In any
case, it is probably a courteous practice to send a copy of the edited msg
to the author.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]