Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:23:40 -0700
On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 23:45:22 +0000, Russell Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> but he subscribes, posts a few, then unsubs. I don?t think he changes email addresses. I?m wondering if there?s a way to block someone from subscribing at all?

Setting the errant person's address to NOPOST will prevent them from posting
to the list, but if they unsubscribe, that setting gets lost.

Putting them in the

 Filter= Also, baduser@address

list is effective to prevent posting or subscribing.  As Karen noted this
List Header setting does support wildcards.

Another thing only a LISTSERV POSTMASTER (i.e. Site Admin) can do is to
command:

 Quiet serve baduser@address off drop

This causes LISTSERV to forever ignore any/all emails from that address,
regardless of whether an attempt to post a message, or any command such as
subscribe, or even unsubscribe. Unfortunately the SERVE command does not
support wildcards, so if the baduser keeps changing their address this can
become a challenge to keep up.