Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:46:40 -0500
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Pauline M. Gabriel wrote:

>On 25 Sep 00, at 12:00, Stan Horwitz wrote:
>
>> Pauline, all you have to do is include the "Notify" keyword in your list's
>> head as "Notify= Yes". You do not need to modify any list template
>> messages in order to accomplish what you want.
>
>I have notify = yes, but that doesn't seem to do it. :(

All "Notify= Yes" is documented to do is to activate notfication of
new subscriptions and deletions, etc., not of changes.

I am interested in this as well, as I just explained to one of my
subscribers how she can change her subscription address herself.  One
of the things I am not sure of is whether I would get a notification
of the address change (yes I want one).  I kind of had the sinking
feeling I might not.  Since she appears to have not yet successfully
changed her address, *I* can't tell you whether it worked for
me...fortunately I have the change log turned on for the list and can
at least look at address changes in retrospect...but if I didn't have
it turned on, and then got no Listserv notification of
subscriber-initiated address changes...well I wouldn't have a clue, a
situation that for me borders on the unacceptable.

Dennis