"M. LeBlanc" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:11:54 EST
Hello all ...

Little bit of a problem here, maybe someone can offer some ideas.
(translate: aaargh! aaargh! screeeeech! howwwwwwwwl! dylan
sweeps grammies and ... aaaargh! aargh! aaaaaargh!!!)
;-)

There was a major problem at buffalo.edu, and a new
"defer.acsu.buffalo.edu" machine is now distributing
list messages and sending messages to me for approval.
Everything looks normal. Deceptively so ...

All messages that come to me to be approved through to the list
are disappearing once I "ok" them. Listserv very politely sends me
the usual notification that it's rec'd the "ok"s and that the messages
have been approved. However, the messages don't appear on the list,
in digests, or in the list's archives.

The only messages getting through to the list are those from
subscribers who are set to noreview. Anyone set to "review" is
not getting through even though I approve the message.

I just tested that on myself. My test message, which comes to me
for approval as a "confirmation" needed message, which I ok'd,
has not gone through to the list.

Since a lot of traffic on the list comes from the gatewayed newsgroup,
(and netnews@american is set to "review" of course) I have a
*big problem*. I think we lost up to 200 messages yesterday
by "approving" them and sending them off into the great unknown.
(There's been a lot of traffic for the last couple of days ... )

Any ideas?

The Very Calm and Sedate,

Maureen
;-)

"In the words, you know, of the immortal Robert Johnson, 'The stuff we
got will bust your brains out'"
Bob Dylan, accepting the Grammy Award for album of the year