Michael McIntire <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:10:10 -0700
All of our subscribers using the MTA Gateway.Net, on various lists, appear
to have Relaying denied errors. The subscribers appear to recieve at least
some of the mail, since I recieved a forward of the unsubscribe message the
listserv sent.

I assume that the error happens sporadically, but enough to trigger the The
listserv to enough errors to boot the user, _or_ the mail goes through but
the listserv also gets an error back from the MTA. We reciently went to full
auto-delete (10 days, 100 errors, probe 30) on all our lists (jeez - how did
I live without it), and I have been waiting for a subscriber to complain...
and they certainly did! I have written the postmaster to see if they
recognize that there is an issue.

Is anyone else having/had issues with gateway.net? If so, what was the
resolution?
Can anyone point me to a resource that describes in some detail relaying
denied errors? What should I be looking for in the logs?

Michael McIntire

- The failing address is [snipped]@GATEWAY.NET.
- The first error was reported on 7 Aug 2000.
- Since then, a total of 33 delivery errors have been received.
-  The last  reported error  was: SMTP;  550 <[snipped]@gateway.net>...
Relaying denied