Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 13:16:21 +0100
On Fri, 24 Feb 1995 01:19:26 -0600 Winship <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Ok, I've been  deliberately obtuse. I wanted a new  option (maybe before
>"quiet,"  maybe between  "quiet"  and  "set" maybe  at  the  end of  the
>command) regulating  the output.  The answer  seems to  be "no"  so I'll
>forget it. For now.

Yes, I  understood that. But I'm  not going to implement  an option whose
sole purpose  is to make  it possible to filter  the regular output  of a
command that  under certain conditions may  end up being quite  large and
could fill  up your mailbox.  Getting back to  your problem, which  is to
issue the  command without getting 3500  lines of output, I  told you how
you can  suppress the  output. It's  easy enough to  send a  second QUERY
command  for just  one subscriber  to see  whether the  command has  been
processed yet. These global SET aren't something you do every day either.

  Eric