Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:57:31 -0700
On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Clark Pickett wrote:

> Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 has just such a feature, and it is called
> "Subscribe".  It is built into the "Favorites" procedure.  When you select
> "Add to Favorites", you are presented with a pop-up menu that presents the
> following:

> Would you also like to subscribe to this page?
> o  No, just add the page to my favorites
> o  Yes, but only tell me when this page is updated
> o  Yes, notify me of updates and download the page for offline viewing

> The functionality  appears to do exactly what Peter suggests. I cannot
> report on how well it works, because I have not subscribed to any webpages.

Yes, the 2nd/3rd items sound like they cover important functionality
which ADF/FUI provides (albeit limited to MS www clients [for now?]).
Thanks to Clark for the info.

Next question for anyone is "What does it require from the page itself?"
I.e. does it need that the page include specific tags, or to be hosted
by an MS www server, for example. And, are those particular tags also
Microsoft-specific extensions to html?
Peter R