MIKEHOLLOWAY <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:57:17 -0400
The header setting "Validation" apparently sets both listowner commands
and subscriber commands having to do with subscription statis.
Validation=Yes apparently causes a confirmation process for subscribers to
sign off.  My subscribers have a hard enough time sending the signoff
command with a web interface to help them.  Confirmation, and the
instructions for it, is beyond many of them even if they did manage to do
at one time for subscribing. However, I like the idea of
a password being needed for listowner commands.  Is there any way of
separating these two functions?  The manual entry on Validation suggests
that there isn't, though I can keep the Subscription validation with the
"open, confirm" setting.

Thanks,
Mike Holloway