Raymond Magauran <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 19:46:15 -0500
Hello Listserv wizards,
We need guidance,
We run a moderated list.
Send= Editor,hold
Non-subscribers are also able to submit queries - we would prefer the list
be private. Is this a valid configuration option:

Send= Private, Editor, Hold
or
Send= Editor, Hold, Private

There are 9 TOPICS defined.  We are moving to "semi-moderation" and are
trying to create Hypermail WWW pages for each of the TOPICS.  The need to
follow the TOPICS convention is paramount for Hypermail via TOPICS to work
without human intervention.  We want people who consistently follow the
correct TOPIC: format to be able to post directly without the need for
REVIEWing their posts.

If "SEND= Editor, Hold, Private" is a valid config option, can
[log in to unmask] be "cleared" for posting without review (bypass the
editor) with:

SET LISTNAME NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask]

******OR********

Should this be the configuration:

SEND=Private

Then send to listserv

QUIET SET LISTNAME REVIEW for *@*
QUIET SET LISTNAME NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask]
QUIET SET LISTNAME NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask]
QUIET SET LISTNAME NOREVIEW for [log in to unmask] (ie, competent TOPIC: users).

Are they both the same thing?  If both are acceptable, does anyone know if
one is better than the other?

Any and all comments appreciated...

Ray