Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:58:19 -0700
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, John Witherspoon wrote:
> "stupid?"  Assuming quote rejection is, in fact, a stupid idea, if it would
> only take "15 minutes to implement," I'd gladly pay your salary for a
> quarter hour to have you add it in.

John, Would you please provide a definition that describes how to
(automatically) recognize 'quoted text' which should be rejected.

Some criteria that I'd like to see included are: Users can't fool the
trap; the rejection system works much better than Sizelim; the system
works better than warnings from the list owner to the violator or the
list's policy that quoted material should be (insert whatever criteria
here).

Then, maybe Eric's alternative uses of "15 minutes" can be better
evaluated.

Meanwhile, Eric, 15 minutes on fui/afd ..... :>)
 Peter