Shahrukh Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 15:55:00 EST
Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> says:

>  Since LISTSERV went commercial only about a year ago, the labor involved
>in porting the product to other environments took precedence.  Eric hired
>me in October to write documentation.  And, barring PC emergencies, that's
>what I've been doing.  My goal is to have the list owner's manual finished
>by the end of 1Q95.  That's 6 weeks from now.

Great!  Will look forward to it--that will definitely be a big help.
I didn't mean to sound too critical, especially given the circumstances,
and we do get a _lot_ of help on this forum.

>>As an example, although the Keywords documents is comprehensive in the
>>list of keywords supported, it is excessively and unnecessarily terse
>>about what each one does.  And there are some things that are simply not

>However, I disagree
>with you on the issue of terseness...I have generally been able to use
>LISTKEYW MEMO without much trouble.  In any case, these problems are

Well, perhaps the things I'm thinking of aren't actually deficiencies in
the Keywords document, per se, but in the absence of other
documentation, the Keywords document also serves as a de facto description
of the feature or function too.  In the document that Nathan is working
on, perhaps these appear in other parts of the manual in sections that
describe the various features.  But some examples of things I was
thinking of (some of which I've recently posted questions about on this
forum), and which were not in the Keywords memo under the description of
the corresponding keyword, are:

Keyword      Omission