Daniel Salaciak <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 15:29:42 +0100
Hi Chuck:

Thanks for replying.  Everything you say makes sense and I will communicate
this back to the list admin.

The list admin is the one who prompted me to ask the following question:

_______________________________________
Dan asked:
How can I direct the user from the user's mailbox confirmation link to a generic
page that says 'Thanks for signing up'?  Being directed to the Listserv App
confuses the subscriber (as this is the first time he is seeing the ListServ App)
and he doesn't know where or what to do next.

Chuck replied:
I'm not sure why you would want to. Why not just send a welcome message
that identifies the URL of the page where they can, if they wish, sign in for
passworded Web access to the list's resources?
subscriber out of the Listserv 15.0 app by having placed redirect html  inside
the SUBEDIT-MAIN template (thanks to Ben's suggestion) that redirects the
subscriber to a web page that asks the subscriber to check his email to
complete the signup process.

When the subscriber clicks on that email link to confirm, he gets a screen
confirmation that he is now subscribed to the list.  All this would be perfect if I
could then send a welcome message (as you suggest) AND redirect the
subscriber to a generic web page that keeps him out of the Listserv app (kind
of like the redirect html in SUBEDIT-MAIN template that kept him out of the
ListServ App when he was signing up for the list originally using the generic
web interface).

But, I'm not sure what template should contain THIS redirect html!  There's
got to be some template in the Listserv app that intercepts the confirmation
reply and displays (on the user's monitor) that he's signed up successfully AND
THEN directs him into the Listserv app where he gets confused what to do
next.  All I need to find is what template to place THIS redirect html in!  Then,
I can also send him the welcome message (as you suggest) and give him the
option to link to the Listserv app without already having linked to it!

I hope you or someone can identify the template I need to modify!

Kind regards,

Dan