"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 16:02:00 EDT
>Why does their e-mail shut down?

Probably because of hardware, software, network, or human
errors. ;-)

Why does anything fail?  You must do both a component
and system analysis, along with whatever service agreement
might have been made (if any).

As far as I know, no one ever made a 100% guarantee that
e-mail was reliable, available, or confidential for that
matter, or the networks and domain name system thereof,
including, but not limited to, acts of war or god.

(Yup, I know that ARPAnet was designed to survive in
some manner of war-time.)

/Pete Weiss at Penn State