"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 13:04:44 -0500
I have a subscriber at wco.com who has had problems posting to FILMUS-L.

When he joined, FILMUS-L was "Send= Public," and whenever he posted, his
messages were distributed with a "From" header that read "Undetermined
origin c/o LISTSERV Postmaster."  LISTSERV apparently couldn't tell where
his messages were coming from.  When he complained about it, I just told
him that the original "From" header was probably getting stripped off
somewhere and that I couldn't do anything about it at my end.

Recently I changed FILMUS-L to "Send= Editor" and "Editor=
[log in to unmask],(FILMUS-L)."  Naturally, when he tried to post,
LISTSERV refused to recognize him as a subscriber and forwarded his
message to me.  So, for the first time, I was actually able to see the
full headers on his message...and there *is* a "From" header with his
correct e-mail address, just as it appears in the subscriber list.

Can anyone suggest a reason why LISTSERV would ignore this "From" header?