HTMARCOM List Owner <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jul 1994 13:28:48 MDT
           * * * This message was from kimmik to kimmik * * *
          * * * and has been forwarded to you by kimmik * * *

From kimmik  Fri Jul 22 13:14:16 1994
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 94 13:14:16 MDT
To: kimmik
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Internet Ma

c>Glenn Fleishman writes:

c>> Recently there was a call for the formation of a list devoted to the
c>> discussion of marketing goods and services in an appropriate way on the
c>> Internet. We have now set such a list up.

c>If I had noticed this call I would have pointed out that there
c>already is a list which discusses marketing via the Internet,
c>[log in to unmask]  The list owner is Kim Bayne, [log in to unmask]
c>___
c>Charlie Hofacker           Fla State Univ, College of Business
c>[log in to unmask]        http://garnet.acns.fsu.edu/~chofack

Kim's reply:
On August 1st, the list [log in to unmask] <MARketing
with TECHnology Tools>, or [log in to unmask], will cease to exist.

There has been competition and confusion on MARTECH regarding
development of a new list. I had been working
with George Boyce <[log in to unmask]> in developing a replacement
list. He had completed quite a bit of work in setting
up and publicizing the replacement list.

Then, much to my surprise, someone else announced
that it had adopted the MARTECH list on their system.
Their WELCOME file refers to the new list as
HEP2-L <MARketing with TECHnology - MARTECH>.

The HEP2-L list owners
did not contact me or George before they made this
announcement. I guess that since I had announced
that MARTECH was closing, anything was fair game.

Since my name is associated with MARTECH, you may be
confused.  I am not operating the new list
<[log in to unmask]>, even though it uses
the name MARTECH in its promotional material.

I have offered, however, to reply to potential MARTECH
subscribers with the new list info via the listserv
INFO and WELCOME files.

Please update your records accordingly.
Thank you for your cooperation.