Briony Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Oct 1992 16:00:56 BST
Dear People

Over the summer, there have been extensive e-mail discussions between the
GAELIC-L owners and myself, plus one or two others, about the possibility
of setting up a WELSH-L for the Welsh language (plus maybe Cornish and Breton).
We've agreed that, at least provisionally, it should be based at IRLEARN
using Listserv software, on exactly the same basis as GAELIC-L.  Moves are
afoot to find a native Welsh speaker to help me out.  Myself and a co-convenor
have been in charge of an informal private mail distribution list for a short
while, but it seemed right to extend this to a full WELSH-L.  So I'd be
interested in your helpfile on how to set up a Listserv list, plus any other
tips you can pass on.

All the best

Briony Williams

Briony Williams                              [log in to unmask]
Centre for Speech Technology Research,       [log in to unmask]
80 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1HN, UK.      Tel:  (0)31 650 2790
    (A quarter-Irish Englishwoman working on Welsh in Scotland)