Jean Bédard <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:24:23 -0400
Hi.

(...)
> All of the information
> required to create and
> populate these lists stored in one of our administrative
> databases, however,
> LISTSERV's limited database support does not allow us to
> simply write an SQL
> query to extract the required information from an existing
> database.

Actually, the Administration sends me everything I need as a flat file (three files, that is: students/classes, students/programs, teachers/classes) from which I extract (perl scripts) the required data.

I thought of eventually using Oracle for the smaller lists (classes) which are less used than the global and faculty lists, so I'm concerned by what you call "limited database support"; can you elaborate? Thanks!

Jean B.