"H. Stephen Wright" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:57:29 -0500
I asked this question last week and didn't get any responses ... can
anyone help with this?

The list owner's manual describes how to turn the "Probe1" template
into a regularly distributed FAQ or reminder list.  I did this, and
set my list to "Renewal= 7-Daily,Probe".

However, the manual also says that people who post regularly won't
get renewal notices.  Does this mean that they won't be probed either?
 This does appear to be the case -- I've had this in effect for a few
weeks and only the lurkers are being probed.  I've checked all of the
relevant sections of the manual can't verify this.

The people who post most frequently are, arguably, also the people
who need the regular reminders.  I wonder about the utility of having
a regular netiquette reminder distributed only to people who rarely or
never post.

steve

H. Stephen Wright
Northern Illinois University