LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 18:35:57 EST
On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 15:15:15 PDT Melvin Klassen said:
>On Thu, 12 Sep 1996 13:10:29 EST
>LISTSERV Administrator <LSTMAINT@INDYCMS> wrote:
>>>I'd prefer a word other than "owner", but there are many other
>>>things I'd rather see L-Soft spend its development resources on.
>>>Now how about that command to change a subscriber's address?  :-)
>>Or for a site admin to change an owner's address
>>without having to edit the header!  :-)
>
>For LISTSERV under VM/ESA, the site-administrator can just type:

Yup... I know that.  But we migrated LISTSERV to an NT box last May in
preparation for the removal of our VM system from service.  (*sniff*)

>PIPE < listname LIST | CHANGE /oldu@oldh/newID@newhost/ | > listname LIST

Make that:  TELL LISTSERV CMS PIPE...  :-)

>but I still think that it's easier to use 'XEDIT listname LIST'.

Ah, the Good Old Days... still Good, but soon to be Old.  :-(

-Holly