Thu, 9 Feb 1995 20:33:17 -0600
        While I totaly understand Melvin's concern (harumph to you too,
Mr. Senator ;-) ) and I have myself checked other lists to see what they
are filtering, I still think it would be a valuable addition for
listowners to be able to hide the filters if they so choose.  If potential
C&S types bother to check list headers to see which addresses are filtered
all they need do is use a different address. And what Dan Wheeler said
about protecting the idendtity of kids who he felt had to be filtered is
also a valid concern.  It isn't a critical matter, but I still think it
would be a good option.

By the way Eric, when you get finished with 1.8b is LSOFT going to
come out with a printed manual, maybe a looseleaf with regular updates
that come with the purchase price?  You'll get my money.  I'm a
stick-in-the-mud and vastly prefer reading from printed material over
a monitor, and I like having everything in one place so I don't have to
hunt all over creation for the answers.  It would be great, especially for
newbie listowners.  This doesn't mean that things like KEYWORD MEMO
REFCARD, etc. should be abandoned, as they have there place, but I'ld
really like to see LSOFT put out a good printed manual.  If there is
one already, just tell me where to get it.  You'ld blast Que out of
the market with something authoritative.

       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L