Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 20:15:11 -0700
At 12:30 PM 12/29/96 -0500, you wrote:
>What about (and this may be more code than it's worth) at ten, all
>subscriptions are held while a single "confirm" goes out to the email
>address; more than twenty-five and it's all undone automatically... (Does
>anyone really subscribe to more than 25 LISTSERV mailing lists? just
>curious...)

Eric has already answered this, so further discussion is needless.
But....yes, I said I subbed to over twenty.  Actually I sub to over 50,
though many of them are daily announcement lists, or else lists with very
low traffic (LINKFAIL, for example).  Of at least 50 I sub to there are
over 40 that are the LISTSERV lists, plus a few others that are actually
worth getting for content, despite the fact that they're running on lame
software.

cheers

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed man is king.