Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:00:48 -0400
On 30 Jun 99, at 9:07, Edge, Ronald D wrote:

> You appear to be running LSMTP for Windows NT          v1.1a
> on your email server, and that may be part of your problem,
> as Sam Spade suggests that your NT based equivalent of
> sendmail is not recording the originating IP of the email.

Comparing LSMTP to sendmail is like comparing a freight train to a Yugo.
However, LSMTP _does_ record the IP _if_ a lookup finds that the IP it
receives the mail from is different from the IP corresponding to the DNS
name provided. At any rate, I don't see how any of that relates to the
problem, which is that it's impossible to tell from the headers where the
message was headed when it bounced at gatekeeper.ing.nl.

Sherry, do you have a lot of subscribers with .nl addresses? If not, you
might temporarily set them to FULL822 so that you can tell which one is
bouncing. Or if you have LISTSERV 1.8d, and a relatively small list, you
can set up auto-delete to include Probe(1) so that it sends out a passive
probe to _all_ the addresses on the list.

Francoise