Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 16:33:06 +0200
On Tue,  26 Jul  1994 22:51:10  EDT Anthea  Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>I think  that the  numbers of members  given in the  Logika list  do not
>reflect concealed  members....is that so?  If it does  reflect concealed
>members, then my list has "lost" almost 100 members in one fell swoop!

John's numbers do  not include the 8000-odd confidential  or local lists,
but they do  include concealed subscribers. The  information, however, is
not updated on a daily basis. While the file that John used to make these
statistics is updated  every day, it is built  from information broadcast
by the various  LISTSERVs on a regular  basis. I think every  2 weeks for
1.7f. I reduced this to 3-7 days in the current version since the network
has grown considerably faster since the introduction of this feature.

  Eric