Fri, 30 Dec 1994 00:13:34 -0600
On Thu, 29 Dec 1994, Sylvia Caras wrote:
> I've been a list owner for just shy of a year, starting with 17
> subscribers and a mail alias and now with 200 and listserv and
> 100 msgs/day and my wrists are tired and I wish I never saw another bounce.
Talkitive bunch you have there.

> What's the average-length-of-ownership?  How long do people last
> at this?

I don't know that any studies have been done on this (maybe something for
a doctoral thesis in sociology or related field " A Study of the
Masochistic Idiots Who Are Listowners " or something like that ;-) ).
Some owners have been around for many years and are still at it, some
have transfered some, or all, of their lists because they are going
into retirement (that's real retirement, not just being tired of
running the lists), some have died, etc.  I don't personally know
of anyone who has just quit because tired of it.  I plan to be at it
until I can no longer read the monitor nor manage the keyboard, provided
I have access and my wife doesn't get *totally* fed up with it.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner