Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 12:45:21 CST
On Sat, 9 Dec 1995 17:18:03 +0200, Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> said:
>On Sat, 9 Dec 1995 09:35:15 -0500 Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]> said:
>>Obviously, I think the solution is  to make the next version of LISTSERV
>>capable of understanding files sent to it in BASE64 and QUOTED-PRINTABLE
>>format,
>That has  already been  implemented, and  indeed it will  be in  the next
>version.

Just looking for a bit more detail...  Does that mean that PUT
commands sent in the various Mime formats would be accepted like one
would expect?  What about posts to a list?  Does LISTSERV make any
attempt to decode the Mime-formatted body before it distributes the mail?
   If not, will it still strip the Mime headers for the short- header
      recipients?
   If so, is there some way the full- header recipients can override
      the "auto-decode" behavior?

Thanks,
Bill