Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:57:37 -0700
> &LISTNAME Membership Survey NOTE: Please make sure when you send this back
> that it goes to the address &LISTNAME-Request@&MYHOST. Thanks. This is a
> standard questionnaire required for all prospective subscribers to
> &LISTNAME.

We operate several lists with subscription questionnaires.  The primary
difference between your template and ours is that it appears you have all of
the commands strung out on the same line, if what you included above is exactly
the way it appears in your template.  We have ours on separate lines as shown
in the Listowners manual.  I am editing ours via the web interface at
MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU, our list host, rather than via e-mail, as it appears you
are.  However, this shouldn't make any difference in what goes into the body of
the template.  In the ADDREQ1 template, the Subject line shows "&LISTNAME
Membership Questionnaire".  At the top of the template body we have the
following:

.RE [log in to unmask]
.TO &WHOM
.FO OFF

([log in to unmask] is a special alias we use to route the questionnaire.)  We
have never had a problem with the prospective subscribers not receiving the
full questionnaire.

Based on my reading of the Listowner's Manual, the lines you included should be
entered as:

>>> ADDREQ1 &LISTNAME Membership Survey
.RE OWNERS
.TO &WHOM CC &OWNERS
.CE &LISTNAME Membership Survey
NOTE:  Please make sure when you send this back that it goes to
the address &LISTNAME-Request@&MYHOST.  Thanks.

This is a standard questionnaire required for all prospective
subscribers to &LISTNAME.

Best wishes,

Clark Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Co-Administrator, EEAC Web Site and mailing lists
http://www.eeadopt.org