Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:11:30 -0600
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:14:49 -0400, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>This returned "File "<listname> WELCOME" is registered in LISTSERV's file
>catalog, but the
>physical file is not present."
>
>They use the default mail template instead of a custom welcome message.

Ah.  that can't be had so easily.  UNSUB/RESUB is the only way I know of.  If
the List Owner has posted a copy of the message on a web site somewhere (this
can even be done in the LISTSERV WWW Interface)

>> GIVE user@address listname WELCOME
>
>This produced the error "Extraneous parameter - "WELCOME"."
Sorry.  I was in a hurry this morning.
Correct syntax is

GIVE full.filename [to] user@address

The '.' seems to be required on most systems.  The [to] is optional and if
used, of course, do NOT include the [] brackets.

This has the same problem in that the listname.welcome file (if any) would be
sent, but the MAILTPL template message (if any) will not be sent this way.