Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 May 1997 20:47:14 EDT
On Fri, 2 May 1997 19:20:13 -0500 George Blake said:
>Maybe I'm wrong Ben, but I think there is a way to prevent subscribers from
>seeing the header.
>
>If the REVIEW=OWNER is set then subscribers can not see the header by doing
>a REVIEW.

In fact, they can.  They get just the header in that case, with a note
that says they can't review the subscriber list, e.g.,

>> rev testlist
>You are not authorized to review the TESTLIST list. Only the header of
>the list will be sent.
>File "TESTLIST LIST" has been mailed to you under separate cover.

The only way to hide the header is to set "Confidential= Yes" <and>
"Review= Owners" for the list in question.  Of course this keeps the
list from showing up in the CataList and in a LISTS GLOBAL output.

Ben is correct, in 1.8d there will be a method to hide some or most
of the lines in the header.  If I remember correctly you can hide
everything but the list title line.

Nathan