Tue, 10 Dec 1996 14:09:42 +1000
Hello again,

thank you Pete for your answers.

> >1.  Why is it that everytime I send a message to &OWNER (that is
> >listname-request@MYHOST or owner-listname@MYHOST) the message gets routed
> >through a listserv backbone server (vms.dc....)?  The aliases
> >listname-request and owner-listname is setup in my system so why does it
> >go to vms.dc... and ends up by telling me that an error has occured... ???
>
> Without actually viewing what you are viewing, I'll hazzard a guess:
> you're using an Internet/bitnet gateway.  Don't do that and it
> might work as you desire.

I think it might be related to the fact that I sent mail from a local
host and the FQDN might have not be present which could have triggered
the BITNET routing...  would this make sense?  I did not set in go.user
the BITNET routing so I assume the default was dc.vms... and hence why I
get error mail from this site.  Is there a way to simply disable this
feature? So that the address user@host would be translated into

Also I then ensured that I would be getting the FQDN and it still
reported an error this time from the host from which I sent the message...???

Any information on how to fix this would be appreciated...

> >2. How can I have a command sent to listserv across more than one line?
> >What is the escape character for continuing in another line?
>
> One syntax that seems to work:
>
> // command ,
> // operands
>

> Notice the space before and after "command"
> as well as the space before "operands"

Would this be correct?

// ADD ,
// loooooooooooooong_listname [log in to unmask] Naaaaaaaaaame Middleeeeeeee
// Surnameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BTW can we register middle names as well? or company info such as

[log in to unmask]      Jonh Smith (XYZ CO)

Thanx.

David M