Anthea Tillyer <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Nov 1994 14:24:30 EST
This is a question related to Peter Weiss' instructions for placing filters
in the header (to help get rid of flamers, etc.):

Peter said:

>If you need more than one "line" of filters, simply add another
>* FILTER= keyword, since their effects are cummulative e.g.,

I'd like to clarify...does this mean that we have to include the "ALSO" keyword
on each new line? The example above (* FILTER= keyword) would seem to indicate
that, but the explanation ("their effects are cummulative") would seem to deny
it. I'm confused and don't want to make a mistake.

I have another question: When a person or institution is filtered, that means
that LISTSERV will not accept any kind of command from that entity, doesn't it?
For example, if someone remains on your list, but is filtered, they can read
but not write to the list, correct?

Can the subject of a filter unsub him/her/itself from the list?

Peace,
Anthea Tillyer
City University of New York