"Charles W. Westerfield" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 18:53:24 EDT
I have taken over a mailing list for the Psych Dept at my school.  I am
an undergraduate student who has the total support of the Department Chair
and the department's Executive Committee.  My question is how do I effectively
"market" the list to the department's students?  The chair (and I agree) feel
that the faculty would not use (or benefit) from the list (we may create a list
for them in the future).  We offer three of our University's six doctorates.
In the past, we have used the list to publish academic advising information
(both undergraduate and graduate) and as a communication tool among the
students.  The former was somewhat successful, the latter never really
caught on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

-Charles Westerfield