Stratton Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 02:22:47 -0400
At 08:32 AM 10/14/99 -0600, ben parker wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:43:48 -0400, Stratton Davis <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>we now have a digest that is
>>252k in size and i have no idea how to 'clear' it.  can anyone give me a
>>suggestion for what might be causing this and how to fix the situation?
>
>GET your List header.  If you have a line that says
>
> Digest= Yes,Same,Daily...
>
>change it to
>
> Digest= No
>
>And PUT the list header.  This will delete the Digest (and you will get a
>message to that effect from LISTSERV)  Then you can GET the header again and
>reset the Digest= lint to waht it was and PUT the header again.
>
>If you don't currently have any Digest= line, then just add the line
Digest= No
>and proceed as above.

ok, i pulled the header with the 'get' command and changed the digest to
'no' but never received confirmation from the listserv that the digest had
been deleted or cleared.  i tried restoring the header anyway but the same
huge digest was distributed tonight at midnight.  can anyone offer more
advice??

thanks in advance,

stratton

cs:  'temperamental'...ebtg