Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 21:26:53 -0700
I have one user posting through bit.listserv News group that *always*
get a notification from LISTSERV that his possage is already posted on
another mail header.

One possibiliy I am contemplating is the following:

What if his local (I think inside firewall) news server or one news
server along the way does not see the group as "list-moderated" ? Would
then that news server pick the message consider it a brandnew article
and forward it to the next News host and this host "knowing" that all
mail shout be forwarded to LISTSERV then forwards that additional copy
registered at this Newshost as a brand new message ?

Anyone with Netgate knowledge who can confirm or infirm this ?
Anyway we can trace the Newspath knowing the address of the user local
News host ?

I appreciate any help I can get ...

TIA,
--
Eric Paul-Hus ---->   mailto:[log in to unmask]
HTML Writers Guild Member since July '96 (CyberApprentice)

Mantre de poste binivole http://www.login.net/festival/blues Volunteer
postmaster
Festival de Blues de Drummondville: [log in to unmask]

Un drtle(*) de Quibicois errant sur la toile de l'Universiti de la
vie...
(*):Drtle dans le sens d'itrange pas de comique!

Pensie: Ceux qui peuvent le FONT, ceux qui ne peuvent pas L'ENSEIGNENT!
Tought: Those who know DO ; those who can't DO TEACH - Sagesse Internet
Savvy