"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 11:54:05 -0700
On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Eric Thomas wrote:
> When  the list  owner removes  a user,  the farewell  message isn't  sent
> because  in  most cases  its  contents  aren't appropriate.  <snip>

Eric,

I understand now.  It was more for my testing - I thought I could trigger
the message by doing a 'del'.  I wanted to test the list before I started it.

On my other lists we have found the farewell message to be an excellent
feature.  It does bring people out, and sometimes to a surprising
degree.  When you have a list with as serious a subject as cancer, you
can get some rather moving notes from people.

Thanks,

Kevin

(SIGNATURE) Kevin J. Sinclair,  [log in to unmask],  USA Pacific Time Zone
* OWNER: These five Internet mailing lists; email for info to the address:
*   1.  [log in to unmask]    -  WWW Encyclopedia made by children
*   2.  [log in to unmask]  -  Searching for Medical Information
*   3.  [log in to unmask]     -  Cancer, Prostatitis, BPH diseases
*   4.  [log in to unmask]      -  Leukemia, Lymphoma, and M.Myeloma
*   5.  [log in to unmask]      -  Ovarian Problem's Discussion List

          "The day is short, and there is much work to be done"