Tue, 2 Jul 1996 23:44:11 -0500
I've said about as much as I can on this, Philo.  The RENEW feature is
complex, and I know I do not understand precisely what it will do in
various situations.  No, all the pitfalls are not explained in the
documentation, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we used to
have (some of my docs are still the old 1.5e stuff, use them for
quick refernce on things which haven't changed).

One last observation and then I shut up on this.  If you have a list
which has been running for a significant amount of time without using
RENEW, and you install it, you are going to have a mess to work through,
regardless of whether you use intervals or specific dates.  I don't know
of a way to get around that and have RENEW fulfil its function, as it
currently stands.

I'm sure I have some errors in what I've said on this and I really do
wish someone would correct me on them.

My final word on the topic (for now ;-) ), promise.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L