Janene McCrillis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:33:45 -0600
At 06:51 PM 10/7/99 , Dennis wrote:

>However this behavior *only* happens when the list is configured
>"Send= Editor".  If the list is configured "Send= Private" (or any
>setting other than "Editor"), the post will appear to come from the
>*editor*, not the original sender, regardless of any "Resent-From:"
>headers that may be inserted.

Not sure what's going on with your lists, Dennis, but all my lists are
Send= Private and I can send a message to the list and have it appear to
come from another person (using Eudora). It does say something like (by way
of [log in to unmask]) but that's ok, most of my list members never notice
that. And I only do the editing for topics that aren't right, and only when
I'm feeling generous--usually I just send them back to the poster telling
them to fix it and re-send it themselves.

--
Janene McCrillis <[log in to unmask]>
http://net.indra.com/~jmccrils