Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 22:06:00 EDT
Someone may already have answered this one, but in order to store a
listname MAILTPL on VM, you have to have an entry for it in the LISTSERV
FILELIST so that LISTSERV will know that the file can be stored.  This
is specifically a VM procedure...a list owner can PUT the MAILTPL without
any trouble on the workstation versions, just be sure you've defined a
password with PW ADD and have the appropriate PUT command at the top
of the file.

The LISTSERV maintainer could conceivably make a wildcard entry in the
LISTSERV filelist to handle this:

 * MAILTPL OWN OWN . . . . . Dummy entry for MAILTPL files

(I hope that's right--I haven't had to update a VM filelist since I
left IUPUI...:)...particularly I'm not absolutely sure of the FACs.)

Nathan