Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:25:03 -0500
At 18:55 11/22/2004 Monday, S Lamido wrote:
 >I have been following with interest the issue of Review as this is one of
 >my questions on my list. However you have jumped too fast. Back pedal a
little

 >1. If a list as 4 owners + 1 quite owner
 >How does this command work if 2 of the owners can change the setting but
 >one does not want the other 2 or the quiet owner(s) to be allowed to
 >change any of the settings.
 >
 >2. How does one stop the quiet owner(s) only from changing the settings
 >
 >3. If the editor(s) are different from the owners how does one set it so
 >the editors cannot change the setting.
 >
 >4 If the moderator(s) different from the owners how does one stop the
 >editors changing the settings

OWNERS are OWNERS whether "quite" or not.  There is no granularlity of
privilege.

Moderators have "approval" of post privs.

Editors have posting and in most contexts, approval privs.

Neither Editors or Moderators have anything to do with list-owning privs,
though certainly they can all be one in the same userid.

EDITOR= me
MODERATOR= me
OWNER= me

None of these roles need be a subscriber.

/P