Sheila Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 08:10:32 -0500
We're seeing an explosion of people using rich text, mime and html
codes.  We're trying to do everything possible to keep things clean &
legible but  too frequently a message will slip thru that appears on
the digest with garbled text, like:

------=3D_NextPart_000_01BD930F.E037FCC0

=3D
>color=3D3D"#000000" face=3D3D"Times New Roman"

And recently we've had subscribers complain that their digests are
appearing with red or black backgrounds!

Anyone have any suggestions or answers?  Is it just basic
incompatibility between some mail readers and Listserv?  What can we
do?

Here is part of our header - should we change anything?

> * Subscription=    Open,confirm
> * Send=            Editor, Hold, Confirm
> * Renewal=         Monthly,Delay(7),Probe
> * Confidential=    Yes
> * Daily-Threshold= 100,5
> * Ack=             Yes
> * Confirm-Delay=   72
> * Language=        NOHTML, NOMIME
> * Reply-to=        Both,Respect
> * Default-Options= Digest,nomime,subjecthdr,review
> * Stats=           Normal
> * Sender=          [log in to unmask]
> * Review=          Owners

THANKS