Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:39:53 -0600
On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:18:53 -0700, "Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have figured out how to QUIETly set the lot to NOPOST, but I have no idea if I can modify the rejection slip to have more information.

You can't.  That msg is hard-coded.

For example see http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/win98-l.html

The only solution is to put your modifiable message in the POST_EDITOR template
and set the list Send= Editor,Confirm.  Then set the Editor= to a discard (black
hole address).

Here is the List header for WIN98-L:

Owner= discard@zzzzzz

(Primary Owner gets all error reports and all listname-request mail)

Owner= Quiet:
Owner= [log in to unmask]
(I still have access if needed)

Send= editor,confirm
(normally Send= editor,hold,confirm, but we don't want OK messages waiting
around on the server and we don't intend to allow any posts so this setting is
better for this case)

Editor= discard@zzzzzz

Errors-To= Owner

Notebook= Yes,E:\LISTS\WIN98-L,Weekly,Public
Digest=  No
Auto-Delete= No
Change-Log= Yes
Validate= Yes,Confirm
Notify= No
Default-Options= NOMAIL,NOPOST
Subscription= closed
Confidential= No
Review= Owner
(The list has no current subscribers and will accept no future subscribers)

The POST_EDITOR template reads:

The &LISTNAME list is closed and your subscription has been transferred.
Please resend your email to  [log in to unmask]