Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:03:22 -0800
Can anyone shed any light on why this happened?  We have two lists
with identical headers (relevant header lines below):

>*  Notebook-Header = Full
>*  Ack= Yes
>*  Attachments= No
>*  Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(2),Max(2)
>*  Confidential= No
>*  Default-options= Repro,FullHdr
>*  Language= NOHTML
>*  Notify= [log in to unmask]
>*  Prime= "MON-FRI: 7:00-20:00"
>*  Reply-to= [log in to unmask]
>*  Review= Owners
>*  Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
>*  Subscription= By_Owner
>*  Validate= Yes

A subscriber to both lists bounced, but the monitoring reports
returned different error reports:

>Subject:      RPS-PUB-POLICY-EBRI: Daily error monitoring report
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:
>
>Err First Last  Address
>--- ----- ----- -------
>                 Last error: Message could not be delivered to mailer "NPS.GOV"
>                             after 4.02 day(s) and has been discarded. The last
>                             connection ended with a status of
>                             "%LSMTP-E-DNS_NOANSWER, No information found for
>                             given domain name".

>Subject:      RPS-PUB-POLICY-KSG: Daily error monitoring report
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:
>
>Err First Last  Address
>                 Last error: Probe failed.

I can't figure out why one list shows a probe and the other an actual
bounce, particularly since I thought we had disabled probe on both
lists.  Anyone?

Sherry Beauchamp