Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 07:45:01 -0600
On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 03:00:51 -0500, Winship <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  We assume one's address remains the same whether using email in the
>browser or some other, nonbrowser, email.  Now, does one get the
>'ok' type confirm notices because one simply sent the SET ... from
>a browser or does one get it because one used the browser to subscribe
>via a web page?  Is it the manner in which one subscribed or is it
>the system used to send the SET... regardless of how one subscribed?

All commands that change anything, as opposed to purely informational commands
like HELP, INFO, GET, QUERY, SCAN, etc will require 'OK' confirmation if
mailed from certain web browsers used as mailers.  This behavior can be turned
ON or OFF with a site configuration variable WEB_BROWSER_CONFIRM as documented
in the Site Manager manual.  In 1.8c the default is ON, but I think in 1.8d
the default will be OFF, I'm not sure now.