Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:12:01 -0800
Dear Dennis and LSTOWN-L Folks,

>doing a REV by country is not a waste of time

Another possible "hole" that Stan (almost) pointed
out is that, because some ISPs are multinational,
[and others are 'indeterminate'], the results of REV
by country will commonly omit a country that
'should' be listed.

If I report the "by country" results back to a list,
I place them in size order, remove the numbers
(so as to not discourage the smaller groups),
and ASK IF ANY COUNTRIES ARE MISSING.

The results are relatively accurate, and by using
only the RANK order I'm unlikely to be
generating trouble for myself. Usually one or two
countries will slip through the cracks and only
turn up on request.

I think that the output of REV by country is
useful, and that L-Soft does good work. Winship
don't work for L-Soft, and he also does good
work, but not too much of it. <smile>

Your mileage may vary (YMMV).

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner:
Allergy ---> http://www.Immune.Com/allergy/index.html
Arthritis ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/arthritis/index.html
PCHealth ---> http://www.Emissary.Net/pchealth/index.html