Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:37:23 -0400
Unless the message is from one of the moderators - then only the
originator is presented the message for approval.  This "exception" is
specifically the object of discussion - we have a need for *every
message* regardless of origin to be presented to *every moderator* every
time.  One particular case illustrated by this comment "...the original
poster who went to a meeting and is now unavailable" from Pete Weiss
below, meaning a moderator sent a message to the list, but is no longer
at their desk by the time the approval notice shows up in their email
inbox, and nobody else is presented with a notice, so the message
doesn't get distributed in a timely manner, waiting for the originator
to return from the meeting.

I will point out that the "All Moderators" check box on the web
interface for list moderation provides a degree of relief from this
problem, but is not sufficient.  I am also very happy to see that Eric
Thomas finds this idea "would be generally useful" and look forward to
seeing it in an upcoming version.

Use Moderator= All,addr1,addr2,...,addrn

All n moderators will get the note and any one can approve it.

At 9:57 AM -0400 9/23/05, Pete Weiss wrote
>At 09:35 9/23/2005 Friday, Kevin Parris wrote:
>>Maybe your mention will move that request a little higher on the
Feature
>>Request list.  Some time ago I had an exchange with the support folks
on
>>the same issue - we have a situation where the desired behavior is
for
>>*every message* regardless of origin to be submitted to *every
>>moderator* every time.
>
>That IS the very desired behaviour on my wish-list.
>
>One really does NOT want corporate broacast / newsletter messages
being spoofed.  Given the time lag between [authorized] poster sending,
listserv processing, and the cookie mechanism, it is very useful for
that Approval request message to go to more than one authorized
moderator, not just back to the original poster who went to a meeting
and is now unavailable.