Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:49:19 -0500
:
> > Your  message contains  a  BASE64 encoded  composite MIME  part,  which
is  not
> > allowed by Internet standards (see RFC2045, section 6.4, paragraph 5).
In plain
> > English,  an error  in your  mail program,  or in  a firewall  or mail
gateway
> > between your computer and  LISTSERV, has caused an error in  the format
of your
> > message.

That paragraph reads:
   Certain Content-Transfer-Encoding values may only be used on certain
   media types.  In particular, it is EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN to use any
   encodings other than "7bit", "8bit", or "binary" with any composite
   media type, i.e. one that recursively includes other Content-Type
   fields.  Currently the only composite media types are "multipart" and
   "message".  All encodings that are desired for bodies of type
   multipart or message must be done at the innermost level, by encoding
   the actual body that needs to be encoded.

This might be controlled by a configuration option setting in Entourage; at
least, it ought to be possible to configure it to abide by RFC requirements,
especially when they are obvious necessities for security. But I'm not
familiar with it.

Hal Keen