Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:57:43 -0600
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:13:27 -0500, Russ Hicks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>      2.  Move the listserv to another server not at Temple.

I admit I'm biased towards staying with LISTSERV.  ;-)

>I want our new home to be free (or at least VERY reasonable because we have
>no money) and I don't want to get involved with the internal politics of

check out  http://www.lsoft.com/products/default.asp?item=ease_home

You can have your list hosted by L-Soft, makers of LISTSERV.  For 500 member
list the cost is probably less than $2.00 per person per year.  Can't even buy
a cup of coffee for that these days.  No, not free, but pretty inexpensive.

Migration from Temple would be fast and easy since it just requires moving a
few files.  And when moving from one LISTSERV installation to another, mail
sent to the old address can be automatically forwarded to the new address.