Brent Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 11:56:38 -0800
>Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 11:11:36 -0500
>From: Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>

>        I've always been told that viruses are not transmitted via email
>messages but rather through executable files that one downloads via ftp or
>transfers from a floppy disk.  Is that incorrect?  Can a normal text
>message communicate a virus via email?

One of the most common ways to transfer a file within AOL is to
attach it to a mail message.  This works for binary files as
well.  When you read the message, it prompts you to download the
attached file.  I bet there are a lot of people on AOL with a
wiped hard drive...

Brent Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Digital Information Systems Corporation (DISC)