Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:34:28 -0500
On: Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 12:31:31PM -0500,Ian Fairclough Wrote:

} Dear LSTOWN-L readers,
}
} I recently became the editor of a LISTSERV list.  All messages submitted are
} reviewed, because the list is for notification, not discussion, and we wish
} to avoid unwanted postings.  So each time someone other than myself submits
} a posting, I get a message which says in part: "If you  simply forward it
} [i.e. their message] back  to the list, using a mail command that generates
} "Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult the documentation
} of your mail program if in doubt), it will be  distributed and  the
} explanations  you are  now  reading  will be  removed automatically."

Ian,
I am a bit confused about why you should even need to resend unless you
are going to be modifying the actual text of the original message.  If
you just reply with one body line containing "OK" (no quotes) the
message will be approved and distributed.  Doesn't it say that in the
text of the message you get?  If your list has a web interface, you can
also approve via the web, but the OK reply is the simplist.  Then just
delete the message from Listserv.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67